Recep Tayyip Erdogan University (RTEU) is a state Higher Education Institution which provides education in tertiary level. Our University has been participating in different Erasmus programs since 2007, giving us the challenge to make our university known in other program and partner countries.
By participating in the Erasmus Program, RTEU will achieve key challenges of the internationalization and modernization of the institution to contribute to the goals of European Education Area. The university also supports the EU Modernization and Internationalization Agenda for Higher Education, and the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education is integral to the realization of our institutional plans, strategies and aspirations.
So, we will enhance the attractiveness of higher education in Europe, offer our students/staff opportunities to undertake a learning and/or professional experience in another country, promote language learning and linguistic diversity (we develop subjects in English), in this way, we will develop initiatives addressing one or more fields of education training and promote innovation, exchange of experience and know-how in cooperation with Partner Countries involved in education/training or other relevant fields.
Since 2007, RTEU has been successfully promoting Key Action 1 – Learning mobility and Key Action 2 – Cooperation among organisations and institutions, in different European countries within the Erasmus+ Programme.
- The excellent results achieved, encourage us to apply for the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) 2021-2027, to keep on offering our students the opportunity to: Improve the level of key competences and skills, with particular regard to their relevance for the labor market and their contribution to a cohesive society, in particular through increased opportunities for training mobility and strengthened cooperation between the world of education and training and the world of work.
- Increase a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, self-empowerment and self-esteem.
- Improve foreign language competences and intercultural awareness having a more active participation in society and better awareness of the European project and the EU values.
We also promote an innovative, modern, international and well-qualified staff that provides our students more attractive programme, with new teaching and training methods and more effective activities for the benefit of local communities to actively involve young people and/or to address disadvantaged groups.
To summarize, we urge a modern, dynamic, committed and professional environment inside our institution ready to integrate good practices and new methods into daily activities, opening to synergies with organisations active in different social, educational and employment fields; planning strategically the professional development of our staff concerning individual needs and organizational objectives, if relevant, capable of attracting excellent students and academic staff from all over the world.
RTEU considers education and training activities as a key role providing people of all ages with the necessary means to participate actively in the labor market and society at large. Our main objectives are:
- Acquire learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and competences) to improve personal development, involvement as considerate and active citizens in society and the students’ employability in the European labor market and beyond.
- Support the professional development of those who work in education and training intending to innovate and improve the quality of teaching, training across Europe.
- Enhance notably the participants' foreign languages competence.
- Raise participants' awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries, offering them the opportunity to build networks of international contacts, to actively participate in society and develop a sense of European citizenship and identity.
- Increase the capacities, attractiveness and international dimension of our organisation active in the education, training, so that we can offer activities and programmes that better respond to the needs of individuals, within and outside Europe.
- Reinforce synergies and transitions between formal, non-formal education, vocational training, employment and entrepreneurship.
- Ensure a better recognition of competences gained through the training periods abroad.
- Promote environmentally friendly practices.
By signing and agreeing on the principles of the ECHE, RTEU will achieve the objectives described above participating in the following actions:
- Key Action 1 – Learning mobility: The Mobility of Higher Education Students and Staff.
- Key Action 2 – Cooperation among organisations and institutions: Partnerships for Cooperation and Exchanges of Practices, Partnerships for Innovation
Modernization and Internationalization
Erasmus programme allows us to work with peers in other countries to innovate and modernise teaching and training practice, ensuring that students get the skills they need to succeed in today's world. We can share best practice and work collaboratively to help improve provision, boost growth and create jobs. Inclusive education with common values and culture are considered drivers for job creation, economic growth and improved social cohesion, as well as a means to experience European identity in all its diversity. The knowledge of two languages in addition to one’s mother tongue and digital competences will be acquired through this programme.
We will have knowledge alliances between higher education institutions and enterprises, fostering innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity, employability, knowledge exchange and/or multidisciplinary teaching and learning.
Furthermore, we will get sector skills alliances supporting the design and delivery of joint vocational training curricula, programmes and teaching and training methodologies, drawing on evidence of trends in a specific economic sector and skills needed to perform in one or more professional fields.
RTEU will have the opportunity to participate in the support cooperation with Partner Countries in the fields of higher education and youth, supporting organisations/institutions and systems in their modernisation and internationalisation process.
Contribution to achieving the objectives of RTEU’s institutional strategy
Since 2007, RTEU has been part of university’s internationalization agenda. During this period, we have noticed that the number of students and international students in our institution has been increasing every year. This increment is due to the possibility for the students to do an Erasmus mobility as it is considered that it enhances employability and improves their career prospects.
The percentage of employment of the Erasmus students is higher regarding the others. Most of our Erasmus students have found a better job or are working in the same companies where they did the internship abroad in recent years.
We are completely sure that students improve the foreign language competences and have a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship; increase self-empowerment and self- esteem; enhance intercultural awareness and have more active participation in society and this is RTEU’s landmark.
RTEU is an institution preparing to trigger changes in terms of modernization and internationalization. We foster quality improvements at the level of education and training, through enhanced transnational cooperation between education and training providers and other stakeholders. We have broadened understanding of practices, policies and systems in education, training across countries.
We prepare student towards the labor market in the best conditions and the Erasmus programme let us achieve this objective. We would like to give our students the perspective of Europe as a single territory, knowing that although we are different, with our cultures and believes, we belong to a common space where civic coexistence among the inhabitants of all the countries of the Union is an example for the rest of the world's citizens. For that, they must improve their level of Community languages, gaining capabilities that allow them to manage easily in the work placement in any country of the European Union to achieve a professional success.
With the staff of the institution, RTEU has the target of getting a multilingual teaching team. So, it is offering teachers the opportunity of improving their level of languages in the institution itself, provided that they can acquire the level required to enjoy these internships too, and be able to attend training sessions, participate in lectures and take part in working groups, without the level of language as an impediment.