Health & Insurance

To apply for a Student Residence Permit, the Republic of Turkey requires that international students prove that they have health insurance for the duration of their stay in Turkey.

Insurance types for degree students

1. Public insurance for students whose countries have public insurance agreements with Turkey.

Some European countries have reciprocal health insurance agreements with the Republic of Turkey. If so, you can register with the General Health Services Office (SGK) and receive full health insurance coverage for the duration of your studies in Turkey. 


2. Private Health Insurance

Private insurance policies can be purchased from insurance companies in Rize. Because we are a public university, we are not able to recommend specific companies on our website. For more information, please inquire at the Office of International Relations.